Since 1994, the Hoover City Schools Foundation has provided grants to teachers for innovative ideas in the classroom. These grants are funded with the interest from an endowment provided by Alabama Power. In 2016, the Foundation received more than 50 grant applications, requesting almost $80,000. Of those, the Foundation funded 19 grants, distributing almost $30,000 to 13 different schools. These projects will affect thousands of students in the district.
The Hoover City Schools Foundation's 2018-19 Grant Cycle is officially open. The deadline for proposals is February 14, 2018.
Please note that our cycle is now starting with a simple Letter of Intent, which is a major change to our process. This LOI should be very simple to complete, and will provide our Committee with enough information to decide if the project deems further consideration. Projects chosen in this first step will then complete an Application for Funding. The key dates in our cycle are here:
- Phase 1 – Submission of a Letter of Intent by February 14, 2018
- Phase 2 – If notified of selection for further consideration by March 13, 2018, submission of an application by April 4, 2018
- Phase 3 – If notified of grant funding by May 4, 2018, development of curriculum plans during the 2018 Summer break
- Phase 4 – Grant money delivered by June 12, 2018, and all equipment, supplies, and materials ordered by September 19, 2018
- Phase 5 – Full implementation of project prior to Friday, November 15, 2018
- Phase 6 – Final Report during Spring Semester 2019; establishment of positive and negative project results